So this post is for all my Makeup Artist out there who are like me and constantly spending tons of money on makeup and don't know about these pro discounts!! I cannot believe how many Makeup Artist don't know about these amazing discounts, I mean you really are saving so much money and most of them are free to sign up.
I am going to list the pro discounts I know of, if I left any out please feel free to comment! :)
1. M.A.C is one of the easiest pro discounts you can sign up for however it takes the longest. I believe I waited about 2 months to get approved, but once I was approved I was there almost every week! If you are a makeup artist you will recieve 40% off products. There are some exclusions such as there special edition palettes but that's really about it. You can send your certificate and a business card and you will have no problem being accepted. There is a fee for signing up for the pro membership it is $35 for a one year membership and $65 for a two year membership. If you are a Aesthetician, Hairstlyist, Cosmetologist, Fashion Stylist, Model, Costume Designer, Performer/On-Air Talent, Beauty/Fashion Editor or Writer, Nail Technician, Agent, Fashion Designer, Photographer, Director you will receive 30% off of products. You can either use your discount in store or online. I recommend going to the store so you don't have to pay for the very expensive shipping! https://www.maccosmetics.com/macpro/cms/membership/howtoapply.tmpl
2. Naimie's Beauty Center: Okay this is the one most of us Makeup Artist don't knnow about. Naimie's is basically a Sephora on steroids. They have every brand you can think of even M.A.C! The only problem is it's only located in California. I discovered Naimie's when I was searching for a limecrime discount and came across this gem! So just like M.A.C this is very easy to get approved and it's even free to sign up! Once you sign up for this discount you really don't even have to bother signing up for the rest of the discounts because they really carry everything, and more! So you have two options when ordering from Naimie's you can either place an online order or a phone order. The only annoying thing about ordering online is most of the brands they carry in the store is not online, so it's much easier to call it in. The workers there are extremely nice and very helpful. They even gave me a bag of samples when I ordered a lot which I thought was very kind! The only downside is the shipping is usually around $10 and it takes about a week or so to receive your package, which is hard for someone who is excited to receive their new makeup! I would sign up for this discount ASAP you will thank me later!!!
3. NARS: So this is a recent pro discount but I was so excited when they announced this because as we all know NARS is amazing but quite pricey. This took a while to get approved, I actually had to call and email a bunch of times but when I finally was approved I was ecstatic! So you receive 30% off of products that could be used either online or one of their boutiques. Unfortunately the boutiques are only in the city but I recommend stopping in there if you ever in the city. The workers there are extremely helpful and very nice. After purchasing a few things the next day I received an email from the girl who helped me and she was thanking me for coming in and letting me know if I had any questions I could email her. Sure enough a couple days later I realized two of the lipsticks I purchased looked quite similar so I emailed her and she happily exchanged the two lipsticks for me after I tried them! She even added a little personalized note which I thought was nice. https://narscosmetics.eu/on/demandware.static/Sites-EU-Site/Sites-EU-Library/en/v1413930540916/Nars_Pro.pdf
4. Nigel Beauty Emporium: This is just like another Naimie's. It is located in California as well. I am new to this and haven't ordered anything yet but they do have a bunch of brands that I wanted to try. I emailed my credentials and it took about 10 business days to be approved. https://www.nigelbeauty.com/t-pro.aspx
5. Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, Urban Decay, OCC, Stilia, MakeupForever all of these have pro discounts as well that you can sign up for but I really recommend signing up for Naimie's , you really cannot go wrong and I am so happy I found this amazing store!! Let me know about your experiences with these discounts!
Welcome to my first official blog! This is my first beauty blog ever and I couldn't be more excited. As a makeup artist I am constantly experimenting with new looks and new products so I figured this is a great way for me to pass on my beauty knowledge!
So first let me tell you a little bit about myself. My name is Danielle Restivo and I am a certified makeup artist in New York State. For me makeup always came naturally. Highschool I would come home after school and instead of doing homework I went straight to youtube and watched as my favorite youtube gurus created these amazing looks. I mean I was stunned on what they can do! My two favorite were Makeup Geek and Kandee Johnson (they are still my favorite to this day). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDcQJ32zmv I mean this video alone will blow you away. Anyway I experimented with makeup quite a bit. I would come into class with dark smokey eyes and colorful lips everyday. Yes people use to comment on how much makeup I wore but I didn't care. What people didn't understand was I wasn't putting on all this makeup to look pretty, I was discovering my career. Fast forward to a couple years after Highschool I finally got certified and started my journey to becoming a makeup artist.
There is nothing I love more then making someone feel good about themselves and that is what makes me love my job so much. I am putting my two passions together and calling it my job! I am going to do my best to post twice a week, still haven't decided on set days. Anything you would like me to post about or any questions feel free to comment! Have an awesome day! :)